Cornelius Deutschland GmbH
Cornelius is a leading global manufacturer of cooling and dispensing systems. The company is using Netfira’s digitisation solution for procurement to implement its Procurement 4.0 strategy. To do this, it is replacing its previous EDI system with Netfira’s software and using a completely automated process for supplier onboarding. By digitising all of its document flows, Cornelius hopes not only to reduce costs and increase efficiency but also to create more space for strategic activities. "As a modern procurement department, we are using all of the latest optimisation possibilities that electronic supplier onboarding offers," says Jens Heinrich, Procurement Director for the entire EMEA region at Cornelius.
Outcomes in brief:
Following the introduction of Netfira’s software solutions, the company was soon able to identify the desired successes.
- The immediate and increasing minimisation of administrative workload
- Automated transactions for 24,000 order items a year
- Worldwide access to current information for all operational and strategic buyers and sister companies
- Evident supply improvements from both the supplier and internal sides, providing an immediate return on investment!
- Processing and management of 9,000 active material numbers
- Creation of internal capacity for demanding tasks such as crisis management and procurement strategy
- Improvement in the attractiveness of procurement at Cornelius as a workplace and thus increased staff satisfaction
- Onboarding of all suppliers by the end of 2016